You can disable access to your USB(Universal Serial Bus) ports on your Windows based PC to prevent people from taking out Your Important data without permission or spreading viruses through the use of USB (pen and flash) drives.
How to use of this trick to disable USB ports,These are following steps given below:-
- Click on Start button(window Button).
- Click on Run. If you cannot find RUN, type it in the search box.(ShortCut Key => Window key + R)
- Type regedit.If you cannot find regedit, type it in the search box
- Navigate to
- In the work area,double click on Start.
- In the Value Data box,enter 4 to Disable USB ports
- Click on OK.
- Close Registry Editor and refresh your desktop.(or a restart your computer))
- To re-enable access to your USB ports,enter 3 in the Value Data box in Step 6.
Try it yourself to make your PC invulnerable from data theft and malware which spread through USB ports.This works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Note: This trick also disables access to your USB connected peripheral devices. So, do not use it if you have USB connected keyboard and mouse.
For References :-
I hope you enjoyed this article.